Yet again, last night, I improvised in the kitchen to make myself a healthy supper. In an attempt to create meals that are quick and easy, this method sometimes fails on epic proportions and on occasions like this, are a win! On this one evening, I managed to create turkey burgers on a ‘ragu’ of syn-free, super healthy veggies. I’ll be doing this one, and variations of it, for some time I think!
On this one evening, I managed to create turkey burgers on a ‘ragu’ of syn-free, super healthy veggies. I’ll be doing this one, and variations of it, for some time I think!
Because I was improvising and chucking ingredients in, I don’t really have quantities, but common sense will prevail and it’s super quick and easy.
500g Turkey Mince (<5% fat)
Button Mushrooms, diced
- I mixed 500g of turkey mince with 1 egg, a sprinkling of ground coriander, black pepper and garlic salt. I then divided this up into three portions (as I was only cooking for one!). Two portions put into the fridge/freezer for another time.
- With my remaining portion, I divided this into three patties and put them into a warm pan to brown off the edges.
- Once these were browned, I chucked in the leeks, asparagus and carrots to soften for approximately 3-minutes.
- I then poured in around 100ml of the passata and a further 100ml of chicken stock and reduced the heat. At this point, I stirred in the mushrooms and spinach and seasoned with the mixed herbs.
- After a further 3-5 minutes, having made sure the turkey patties were cooked through and the veggies soft, I removed from the heat and served.
If you’re on slimming world, you’ll notice this recipe is totally syn free, and, with the correct choice of vegetables, can also be used on SP days!! Enjoy!